US help to WTO stopped
reports
The World Trade Organization suffered a problem in the first year of Trump’s first presidency, as the United States prevented the appointment of a new judge in the Supreme Court of Appeal, causing the functioning of its main system to resolve its dispute. Washington has accused the World Trade Organization’s appeal of judicial behavior beyond its limits in trade disputes.
The Geneva-based business watchdog had an annual budget of 5 million Swiss francs ($ 1.5 million) a year. According to the World Trade Organization’s general documents, the United States has to pay about 2 % of the budget based on a cost system that is commensurate with its share of world trade.
“One US representative at the World Trade Organization’s budget meeting on March 4 announced that the country’s payments for budgets 1 and 2, waiting for the assistance to international organizations, will notify the World Trade Organization in an unknown date.”
The third informed business source confirmed these statements and said, without providing details, the World Trade Organization offers “Plan
.
all three sources of confidentiality requests because it was a private budget meeting and the US budget stop was not officially announced.
US State Department spokesman said: “Trump signed a executive order last month to give Marco Rubio ordered to determine all the United States or the United States within five days of all US members or US members. No.
Ismaili Ding, a spokesman for the World Trade Organization, stated: US aids were on the way, but because Is.
According to the World Trade Organization’s document that Reuters obtained with a “confidential” and February 7, the United States had a $ 1.5 million Swiss franc ($ 1.5 million).
According to the World Trade Organization’s rules, any member who fails to pay his debt after more than a year is subject to “administrative measures”, a set of punitive measures that, the more costs are paid, gradually becomes harder.
Two business sources confirmed that the country is now the first category of classification of the institution, meaning that its representatives can no longer head to the World Trade Organization’s institutions or receive official documents.
Reuters spokesman confirmed that the head of the Budget Committee had informed members of the World Trade Organization that the United States is currently in the “first-class” category with several countries.